Dark Emperador Marble
Dark Emperador marble is recognized worldwide, endowed with great beauty, quality, resistance and durability. It is a compact, fine-grained rock that allows multiple finishing, dark color with many white veins, blending with light tones and it has traditionally been used along with Crema Marfil, always achieving an elegant, stately result.
It is absolutely ideal to lend any space with class and style and it can be used on both floors and walls. Thanks to its excellent mechanical strength, it can be used on countertops as well as in sculptures and artistic elements. In addition to this, his low water absorption coefficient, enable him to be used outdoors.
Physical and Mechanical Characteristics
- Density: 2.65 gms/cm3
- Absorption coefficient: 0.40%
- Porosity: 1.20%
- Mechanical compressive strength: 1.597 kg/cm2
- Mechanical bending strength: 210 kg/cm2
- Wear resistance: 0.55 mm
- Impact strength: 35 cm
- Microhardness on impact: 157 kg/mm2
- Compressive strenght after freezing test: 1.374 kg/cm2
- Knoop microhardness: 157 kg/mm2